Nov 21, 2021
Christmas is around the corner and that means it is baking season! You don't have an oven at your accommodation's kitchen you say? (gasp). Don't worry, we are going to give you three easy no bake cake recipes.
Ah, the classic tiramisu. This cake is perfect for winter, creamy, delicious and, so easy to make believe it or not!
- 400 g savoiardi or ladyfingers biscuits
- 500 g mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 300 ml of espresso coffee
- 120 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- dark cocoa powder for dusting
How to make:
- prepare coffee and let it cool down in a shallow bowl or deep plate
- beat egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until it's pale and thick. Add mascarpone and mix gently
- beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold gently into the mascarpone mix
- dip the ladyfinger biscuits into the coffee and arrange them side by side. Put a layer of mascarpone mix on top, repeat until you have several layers.
- Cover with more mascarpone mix and dust the top with cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate overnight (minimum 4 hours, optimum 8 hours) and enjoy!
2. No Bake Cheesecake
Anybody says cheesecake? yes this is one of the classic and it's perfect for every season, winter included.
- 20 sheets of graham crackers (or butter cookies)
- 11 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 500g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- jam (strawberries, blueberries, as you prefer)
- berries (mixed, as you prefer)
How to make:
- put the cookie/crackers in a plastic bag and crush it with a rolling pin until the crumbs are uniformed
- place crumbs in large bowl, pour sugar and melted butter, mix
- place the crumb mixture in a 9 inch springform pan, spread it, press flat and chill in freezer for 20 minutes to half an hour
- beat cream cheese with a mixer (speed: medium high) until soft, add in condense milk, bit by bit while beating, add lemon juice and vanilla extract, beat one more time
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the cookie crust with spatula, top with your preferred berries jam and mixed berries
- cover the pan with plastic wrap, refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours
- Remove the sides of the pan and it's ready to serve
3. Microwaved Chocolate Brownie
We know this one is not a 'no-bake' category, but if your accommodation's kitchen doesn't have oven, it have microwave at least, right? Then this brownie will be your go-to sweet treat.
- 100 g melted unsalted butter
- 100 g melted dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
How to make:
- mix melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract sugar, flour, melted chocolate, baking powder (basically mix everything) in a bowl and beat with fork
- transfer to a microwavable dish/plate/bowl and microwave with high heat for 8 -10 min, do check from time to time as different microwave require different baking time. So experiment a bit!
Share this post: